Lincoln Depot Museum
Lincoln Depot, the last remaining depot of its kind in northeastern
Michigan, a reminder of Michigan's former dependence on the railroads that
snaked up and down the state.
Lincoln Train Depot (originally called the West Harrisville Depot) was built
in 1886 by the Detroit, Bay City and Alpena Railroad and has been standing
since the 1880's.
The Depot is located on Lake Street in Lincoln and served the community and
the surrounding area until 1929. It had been a private residence since about
1930 and is now owned by the Lincoln downtown Development Authority.
First rail service to this area passed through Lincoln from the south and
continued north through Ossineke to Alpena.